Sunday 7 September 2014

August Favorites

Now August is over and I'm back into the full swing of classes and practice, it's time for a blogpost about my August Favorites.

Before I list you my favorite things of the month, here's a quick update on my second year in America so far! I'm currently sitting on a bus (story of my life) heading to our fourth game of the season vs Boston College. So far hockey has been going really well, we are learning so much as a team and growing everyday. Practice is still very testing for me in the 30 degree heat, but I'm not complaining. I heard England is pretty chilly right now...

Classes are going well so far. I mean, it's been one week...but still... My schedule is very relaxed this semester so I can focus on hockey whilst hopefully improving on my GPA! Posittve, positive, positive, right?!

Anyway, here are my August Favorites.

First up is my Macbook Pro. I bought my Mac back in March and it has honestly been a great purchase. My old laptop was an HP. I was always hesitant of making the move to Apple software but it has been well worth it. The speed and quality of my Mac never lets me down, it's much more portable than my old laptop and overall way better!


Secondly, I have to include my favorite YouTube channel, the SacconeJolys. Now if you spend a lot of time with me you'll be well aware that everyday I watch 'vlogs' on YouTube. If you're not familiar with 'vlogs', they are 'video blogs' of a person or family daily life. The SacconeJolys are an Irish family living in London who run a very successful YouTube channel where they post vlog episodes daily. They have two children and 6 maltese dogs! It is basically reality television and I have to admit it's my guilty pleasure. I've been watching their episodes for a few months now and it's crazy how much their children have grown and developed. It's what I watch when I'm just chilling in bed, I view it as more of a TV show than a vlog. I would encourage you to take a look, I'm hooked! It's so refreshing following them as I think everyone can relate to their situations and  family dramas, they are very open about their parenting. If you want to watch some light hearted, fun family footage, (also if you love babies and dogs haha) this is my suggestion.


With pre season feeling like years ago and season well under way, I have to say I'm loving my new hockey equipment. I'm playing with a Dita stick this season, a first for me. I was always a dedicated Grays player but enjoyed my Adidas stick last year and the Dita isn't causing any complaints yet! However, I am loving my new Adidas Astro-turfs! I've always found Adidas shoes very comfortable and they just work well for me. The only criticism I have of the Adidas turfs is that after 3 pairs, they all seem to split in the same part along the soul. This could be due to my feet and how I plant my foot when I run/change direction.  Even so, they last me a season and I couldn't fault them in any other way!


Finally, last but not least is my BIG JAMBOX. I absolutely love it. I got extremely lucky as I came across it in an electronic pawn shop in my hometown. I got it for an absolute bargain and it's in great condition. I've always wanted a high quality bluetooth speaker and the JamBox is perfect. It connects extremely easily to multiple devices and has some useful features, You can update it online and it provides warnings of battery level. Furthermore, the battery life is very efficient and lasts a long time. Also, when it does need charged, a full charge only takes under an hour. The quality of sound is perfect, it sounds great in my dorm and in the locker room! It definitely hits a high volume however, at full blast some quality is lost on the last notch! I'm taking it to our away game today as it's very portable and not heavy at all. Great purchase :)


That's all for now!

I have a few fun blogposts planned such as 'Why College is the Best Years of your Life' and a post about my new pet mice, Pebbles and Piglet.

Ciao,

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment