Sunday 4 August 2013

So Long, Farewell...

SOPPY POST ALERT. TISSUES AND ED SHEERAN MUSIC AT THE READY.

This is it! "Goodbye England!"

It seemed only yesterday that I was counting down 80 days to go at school and now it's here, I am leaving...TODAY. I can't believe it, how time flies!

I guess the most daunting part of leaving home today is, unlike most students who leave for university, I don't actually know when I'm next returning...

Most of you will know that us Farrell's like to travel, so it is very likely we could be spending Christmas abroad, meaning I wouldn't be returning home. Then that leaves summer...well 'summer'. That's where my dilemma begins. America actually has a summer, a hot one. England on the other hand.......

Yeah, you see my point.

Obviously there are loads of family and friends I will want to see by summer, but you might just have to come and see me if I catch a bad case of the 'American Bug'!

I'm currently lying in my favourite place (my bed) typing this blog, having no idea when I'll next be back home...which is kind of scary but so exciting at the same time!

Anyway, who knows where I'll be in one years time, I could be singing a different tune and ready to visit home...I said 'could be' haha!

All I know is that my final few weeks in England were brilliant, spent with amazing people making some great memories. One of the best summers I've had :)

It was so lovely to spend my last weekend with all our closest family and friends. Thank you everyone, top people! Love you all!

Next stop is New York for a few days with Mum, Dad and Tom before I head to Massachusetts and Tom returns to Oklahoma State for his final year at uni!! Scaryyyyy!

It's so strange experiencing the same emotions I did 9 years ago before starting boarding school. A completely different adventure, but so many similarities!

I am just SO excited for the future, new friends, experiences and challenges! 

Don't worry though, I'll miss this place. I'll miss the people, I'll miss the country, oh and obviously the English weather. NAAAATTTT.

Part of me doesn't know how to end this blog or what to say because it actually means I'm going...arghh...

...so errrrm we'll just go with a picture!


It's now the next morning and I'm sitting having my last fry up in Glasgow airport! 

That picture ^ was taken at 5.15am before we left so I was way too tired to even feel a little sad! Hmm yes, the car was a bit of a squeeze to say the least! Four 23kg suitcases, four 10kg small cases and four backpacks! Not forgetting four people...I won't specify weights!!


Anyway I better post this as I only have 30 minutes free Wifi. How generous of you Scotland...

See y'all on the other side of the pond!

Ciao for now!

Hannah x

PS. I did warn you it would get a little bit soppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment