Thursday 24 July 2014

Be Happy. Stay Healthy.

"Do more of what makes you happy."

Wherever you are, whoever you are and whatever you do, there is nothing more important than being happy. Personally, the little things in life make me happier each day, such as having a good nights sleep or tasting something new for the first time. I love having extra time on my hands in the summer because I can try new things and allocate more personal pampering time. I'm well aware that the luxury of long student holidays won't last forever, so I'm enjoying them whilst I can. Even if you work full time and lead a very busy life there is still time to put yourself first. Here is some advice and tips to help you lead a happy, but healthy lifestyle!

Beneficial Breakfast


Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Fact. So why not start your day off with something healthy, tasty and fun! I need to listen to my own advice here because I'm a sucker for a bowl of Coco-Pops in the morning, but I can't deny that when I make a more beneficial and nutritious breakfast I feel happier, fresher and healthier. I feel much better about myself when I chop up some bananas and strawberries, throw them in a bowl of yogurt and sprinkle some nuts all over, rather than simply pouring a sugary bowl of cereal.

Check out some more lovely breakfast ideas here -


Appreciate Alfresco

Get outdoors! This is the easiest thing to do in order to have a healthy lifestyle and you'll reap the benefits instantly. There are no excuses to stay indoors during summer, especially as the weather is beautiful in Britain this year! Ideally, aim to get 30 minutes of outdoor exercise per day such as a walk, run, bike ride, yoga, tennis or go for a swim. There has been a huge increase of outdoor/park gyms in England, that are a great way to get an outdoor workout in, so find the nearest one to you. Even if exercise isn't your thing, there are huge benefits of just getting outside. Just by spending more time outdoors you will improve your Vitamin D levels, your body will learn to heal faster, have higher concentration levels and overall, be happier. So go and embrace Alfresco living!

                                 
   


H20 Hydration

Drink more water! This is something I've been trying really hard to do lately, especially when it's hot. My room is very hot at nights and sometimes I feel very dehydrated. Therefore, I always try and have a couple of ice-cold glasses of water each day. Drinking a cold glass of water in the morning helps to increase your metabolism, which will help decrease the rate of your weight gain. If you are wanting to lose a couple of pounds, try and drink more water throughout the day and especially before meals so you feel fuller. I've been drinking water when I need a boost of energy and I also put a small pinch of salt in my glass to help hydration. Most importantly, water dramatically increases the condition of your skin as it keeps it hydrated and reduces pimples and helps your face to look clear and glowing. 8 glasses a day will keep the Doctor away!



Significant Sleep

There is no doubt that everyone feels better after a good nights sleep. Studies have shown that getting more sleep reduces chances of health problems and risk of injury. Half an hour before going to sleep, turn off you television, phone or laptop and relax, read or write. Let your body wind down properly! Recently, I downloaded and app called 'Sleep Time' which calculates how much sleep you need, wakes you up with a progressive alarm and sends you to sleep with sounds of running water. I love going to sleep to the sound of water and it's much nicer waking up slowly rather to the loud ringing of an alarm.

Fun Fulfilling

Have some fun! Play a game, get crafty, do what you love to do! For example, I started up this blog again purely because I love writing and enjoy being creative. Obviously I would love to have a huge audience reading my blog, but if 50 people are enjoying my posts then that makes it more worthwhile for me. Whether you want to paint a picture, start a blog, write a book, design a product or set up a YouTube channel...just do it! The other day, me and my best friend decided to find our inner child and get artsy again. We designed a small jewellery boxes and a hanging heart decorations for a bit of fun and a good laugh! Try something different instead of sitting in front of the TV every night, get out a board game, get crafty or play outside. I promise that it will make you fell that little bit happier. You don't have to be a child to do what you really enjoy!

My jewellery box and decoration :)






























Check out this bracelet website and get creative and maybe make your own -


Here are some homemade bracelets that you could make too!






















Enjoy the weather and most importantly...be happy and have fun!

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions." - Dalai Lama

Ciao,

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment